Sacred Palo Santo – Holy Wood
Our Palo Santo is sourced from Peru, and we work with local communities that only collect the wood from naturally fallen trees that have been naturally cured and preserved. Palo Santo harvesting is strictly controlled by law in Peru.
– Hold the tip of the Palo Santo stick over a candle, match or lighter till it catches light
– Allow the stick to burn before blowing out the flame, creating a smoking coal
– For space clearing, move about the space you would like to clear with the intention to remove stagnant energy
– Or place your stick in a metal, glass or clay bowl and allow the smoke to go out on its own or blow gently to continue burning
– To increase burning time, you can gently blow on the coal to create more smoke.
– Unlike traditional incense sticks, your Palo Santo will burn out on it’s own.
Sacred White Sage Smudge
Oco Life’s pure 100% organic Native American sage from California is sustainably farmed, hand picked, hand tied and dried in 100% cotton as White Sage is a powerful and protected herb.
The art of smudging has a long tradition with Native Americans and is used to cleanse, protect or heal. The herbs in the smudge have beneficial properties and help reconnecting with the power of our Mother Earth. White Sage is renowned for its healing, benevolent energy. The scent calms the mind and purifies the body. Sage smoke is believed to have the power to carry prayers to the heavens, to remove spirits, and cleanse ritual space.
How to use a Smudge Stick:
Holding the smudge stick by the “handle” end, use a lighter to ignite the tip. Blow out any open flames so that the leaves slowly smoulder. Next, wave the smudging wand around a room, person, or objects to direct the fragrant, cleansing smoke. Catch the ashes in a heat-resistant dish. Smudge sticks can be extinguished in a dish of sand and re-used many times. Of course, never leave burning smudges unattended.
White Sage Cleansing Room Spray
White Sage spray to deodorize, freshen and remove negativity in the air around you.
This is a eco – friendly product that is made with organic ingredients, essential oils, emulsifier and aqua. White Sage has been used for centuries for smudging which is a cleansing ceremony to help people, places, or even objects to help get rid of negative energy or even bad spirits.
Suggested use: Set an intention for your clearing. There is allot of value in taking the time to set a positive intention. Spray a few sprays in the corners and work your way to the centre of the room. Waft the mist around. Now that the space is clear, invoke a new intention and positive energy into the pace with a prayer, a blessing or an affirmation.
E.G. “I release all energies that do not serve me, all negativity that surrounds me, and all fears that limit me.”