Coconut Water Starter Kit (TIBICOS) (Pronounced Kuh-Fear)
Tibicos are a symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeasts held in a polysaccharide biofilm matrix created by the bacteria. As with kefir grains, the microbes present in Tibicos acts in symbiosis to maintain a stable culture. Tibicos can do this in many different sugary liquids, feeding off the sugar to produce lactic acid, alcohol (ethanol), and carbon dioxide gas, which carbonates the drink.
Tibicos are also known as Tibi, Water kefir grains, Sugar kefir grains, Japanese water crystals and California bees.
Tibicos are found around the world, with no two cultures being the same. Typical Tibicos have a mix of Lactobacillus, Streptococcus, Pediococcus and Leuconostoc bacteria with yeasts from Saccharomyces, Candida, Kloeckera and possibly others. Lactobacillus brevis has been identified as the species responsible for the production of the polysaccharide (dextran) that forms the grains.
People who do not wish to consume dairy products may find that Coconut water Kefir provides probiotics without the need for dairy or tea cultured products, such as kombucha. The finished product, if bottled, will produce a carbonated beverage. It will continue to ferment when bottled thus producing more carbonation—so bottles need to be capped loosely and allowed to breathe, or they may become explosive.
BENEFICIAL EFFECTS OF KEFIR
- Produces its own Antibiotics and Probiotics
- Eliminates unfriendly Bacteria
- Heals internal and external inflammation
- Helps to heal Candida, IBS, Diarrhea and Acid reflux
- Improves resistance to Diseases
- Balances intestinal Flora
- Helps to heal Stomach ulcers
- Helps to heal acne and skin disorders
- Improves Kidney function, protects the Prostrate
- Improves the condition of Asthma and Bronchitis
- Regulates Blood Sugar in patients with Diabetes
- Lowers Cholesterol
- Regulates Metabolism and Digestion
- Slows Aging and improves skin, hair, and muscle tone
- Full of Vitamins and Beneficial Bacteria you need daily
SUGGESTED USE – ACTIVATE YOUR COCONUT WATER KEFIR STARTER KIT
To activate Coconut Water Kefir starter kit for initial usage:
- Into the container (Glass bottle with lid) mix your Coconut water Kefir grains with 250ml of Coconut water.
- Stir the mix well with the wooden spoon provided. Cover the bottle with a cheesecloth or paper towel secured by a rubber band.
- Place in a warm spot, 22 to 25 degrees C for 24 hours.
- Strain out the Coconut Water Kefir grains using the cotton sieve supplied (Do not use a metal spoon or metal sieve) and place on a fresh batch of 250ml Coconut water. Do not discard your grains.
- Repeat steps 2-4 every 24 hours until the grains are activated. Activation may take 5 days. Your grains are activated and are culturing successfully once you notice that the sugar solution smells a bit yeasty, and the taste is flat and less sweet as the initial solution.
Once your grains are activated you are ready to make Coconut water Kefir.
- Transfer the Coconut Water Kefir grains into the Glass Bottle and add 500ml of coconut water
- Place in a warm spot at 20 -25 degrees C to culture for 24 hours.
- Drain the grains and keep on the side for your next batch or cover with a cup full of coconut water
- Cover the bottle with the lid tightly so that an airlock is achieved.
- Place in a warm spot at 20 – 25 Degrees C to culture for 24hours.
- After 12 hours we recommend, “burping” the glass bottle with lid to release excess pressure.
- The finished Fizzy coconut water is now ready to do the following with:
Consume as is or add fruit, such as cranberries, lemon juice or berry juice concentrate or ginger, refrigerate and consume.
The sky is the limit when it comes to flavoring options. Make sure that your grains are removed before you start to experiment so as not to contaminate your coconut water Kefir grains.
Storage of your Coconut Water Kefir grains when you are not using them.
Up to 3 weeks.
Add your Coconut Water Kefir grains to 500ml of Coconut water.
Shelf life of the Hydrated Water Kefir grains is 60 months from the manufactured date, or longer when stored in a freezer.
Included in this starter kit.
- Glass jar fermentation vessel
- Milk cloth sieve and wooden stirrer
- 5 grams dehydrated kefir grains
- Instruction manual