Organic Cacao Powder – Raw chocolate powder
Good news for chocolate-lovers… chocolate in its raw state is extremely healthy for you and is in fact the highest antioxidant superfood known to man. Raw, unheated, sugar-free and dairy-free cacao will help you turn cravings for ordinary chocolate into super-nutrition.
- Magnesium rich
- Antioxidant rich
- Natural anti-depressant
- Weight management
- Magnesium is the primarily mineral missing when heart problems occur.
- Magnesium increases the overall vigor of the heart muscle.
- This mineral also decreases blood coagulation thus lowering blood pressure and helping the heart pump more effectively.
- Cacao, of course, is a fantastic food source of heart-supporting magnesium.
- According to research cited in The New York Times, fresh cacao beans are super-rich in antioxidant flavonols.
- Cacao beans contain 10,000 milligrams (10 grams) per 100 grams of flavonol antioxidants.
- This is a whopping 10% antioxidant concentration level!
- This makes cacao one of the richest sources of antioxidants of any food.
- Cacao is a great source of serotonin, dopamine, and phenylethylamine, three well-studied neurotransmitters, which help alleviate depression and are associated with feelings of well being.
- Cacao contains monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAO Inhibitors) that improve our mood because they allow serotonin and dopamine to remain in the bloodstream longer without being broken down.
- Cacao contains anandamide which delivers blissful feelings.
- Cacao also contains B vitamins, which are associated with brain health.
- Cacao contains significant quantities of the amino acid tryptophan which is yet another powerful mood-enhancing nutrient.
- All this makes cacao a natural Anti-Depressant!
- Anyone who eats chocolate knows that it diminishes appetite.
- There is evidence indicating MAOIs also diminish appetite.
- There is actually no scientific evidence to implicate chocolate consumption with obesity.
- In fact the reverse seems to be the case.
- Eating cacao helps one to loose weight by allowing you to eat less.