An energy-boosting, anti-ageing superfood that’s easy to digest and absorb. Chia means strength in Mayan and has over 3000 years of history as an ancient revered crop. As with many other superfoods, Chia was considered more valuable than gold to the Aztecs. It’s spectacular nutritional profile makes it a wonderfully nourishing food, providing essential protein, fats and carbohydrates, as well as a wide array of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- Chia is one of the highest plant based omega-3 sources outperforming even flax seeds.
- The excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 of 3:2 makes it a great anti-inflammatory food.
- The soluble rich fibre gel in Chia soothes the digestive system and slows the release of sugars into the bloodstream stabilising blood sugar levels.
- Chia is known as a dieters dream food as it bulks up meals with low calorie nutrient density without altering flavour.
- The combination of essential fats, fibre and protein make Chia an excellent food for improving endurance and fitness.
- It has the ability to help keep the body hydrated and electrolytes balanced.
- The potent antioxidants in Chia naturally preserve the sensitive Omega-3 oils and provide anti-aging benefits.